Friday, July 18, 2008

Caroline loves boats.

This isn't really news to me. This morning she started asking if we could go on the white boat. I didn't know which boat she was talking about as we only have ridden an orange and a yellow boat. It turns out that she wanted to take the Water Taxi (yellow boat) to Ikea. The new Ikea in Red Hook (Brooklyn) has a big playroom and a very inexpensive cafe. I've taken the kids there just for lunch and the diversion of a boating expedition. It's not my favorite way to spend a day as it actually takes most of a day and involves Herculean effort on my part, but when we have a long day ahead of us and the weather isn't bad, then it is definitely do-able. Caroline and Isaac finally got their boat ride this afternoon and they seemed to really enjoy it. The boat goes fast and the water can be choppy, especially during rush hour (yes, we have a water rush hour in NYC. There are ferries going every which way in addition to the container ships, Coast Guard, NYPD, yachts and catamarans) So anyway, the boat bounced up and down on the water as though it was a small fishing boat and the people on the boat cheered and the Caroline clapped and laughed..

No comments:

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites