Friday, March 21, 2008

Recipe

Here is one of my favorite easy recipes. It can be vegetarian, by the way.

Ingredients:

--Sweet potatoes

--Baked Beans (I love Bush's Vegetarian baked beans)

--Cream cheese (low fat, if you prefer)

Directions:

Wash sweet potatoes thoroughly. Pierce several times with a fork. Put in microwave safe dish and microwave until soft (cooked) throughout. Usually this takes 5-7 minutes per potato.

Remove sweet potato from microwave, cut down the middle to open and top with a spoonful of cream cheese. Add several spoonfuls of heated baked beans to the top of this mountain of deliciousness and voila! Yummy! It is a nutritionally complete meal and trust me, there will be no leftovers. The kids love this creation, as does my mom and Todd. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jax and company said...

This is a favorite at our house too, ever since you introduced it to us at Thanksgiving! It's so easy to bake the potatoes in the microwave (with the 'potato' button) and when they are done I split them open to cool while the beans go in the microwave.
Thanks for the great idea!

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites