Saturday, March 29, 2008

It has been quite hectic around here lately. Anna Sophia spends far too much time screaming everyday. I think she has reflux or something. She spits up a lot and is my only baby who has needed to be burped and she has to be burped often during her feeding or everything comes up! I wish I could make her feel better.

I am reading A Little Princess to Caroline and Isaac. Caroline seems really interested in the book. She will bring it to me multiple times during the day to read it to her. I am not sure how much of it she pays attention to or understands, but it is a well-written children's book and reading to her is much better than plopping her in front of a movie. Caroline and Isaac will sit at my feet with their books and "read" while I read to them. It's become a routine in our family. Oh, and since we are talking routines, I want to add that putting Caroline and Isaac on the same schedule has worked wonders for us. We used to alternate naps, which was dreadful as we would be stuck inside all day waiting for so-and-so to wake up and trying to be quite while they sleep. Now, we eat lunch at 11:30 and we ALL nap from 12-3pm or so. It's wonderful.

3 comments:

Josee said...

Nap time is the best time of the day! That's awesome that they're on the same schedule. Oh, and Dan has FINALLY started "reading" books. He just isn't interested in us reading books to him.

Jax and company said...

Tell us more about this book - The Little Princess! It sounds familiar, whose the author?

Mary Ellen said...

I put the Amazon link in the post. It's by Frances Hodgeson Burnett. I meant to put the link in when I was writing the post...thanks for reminding me!

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites