Thursday, January 10, 2008

More on the CFL

Here is a really good article about the push to ban the bulb. I am most irritated that the government is now starting to dictate how I decide to light up my living space. The energy savings, mind you, between using CFLs and using incandescent bulbs is not huge. It turns out that when I used CFLs, I needed more lights on, because just don't work as well. It's just like the water efficient toilet. The government sure knew what it was doing when it banned the 3.5 gallon flush toilet. Now we have 1.6 gallon toilets that you need to flush 2 or 3 times. Flush more save more, I guess is how it works. Now all the government needs to do is ban top loading washing machines and disposable diapers.

No comments:

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites