Sunday, January 06, 2008

And it starts...

I had contractions for several hours tonight. Not the real thing, but practice contractions. I should probably have called my doctor, but I knew she would just make me go to the hospital where they would put me on monitors for several hours, give me IV fluids and send me home at 2am. Not my idea of a fun Sunday night. Anyway, I will probably have these episodes daily until real labor starts. I'm sure I will know when it's time, but every time the contractions start, I start to wonder...is this it?

Tomorrow, I have 2 doctors appointments. One is with the Fetal Evaluation Unit and it is going to be a Biophysical Profile (ultrasound) and a Non-stress test. I think these are pretty standard tests towards the end of pregnancy. They will specifically be looking at the baby's fluid levels to make sure they are not too low. (we have reason to suspect that this is a problem) I also have a regular appointment with the doctor. I will update the blog when I know more.

No comments:

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites