Thursday, January 10, 2008

Congress bans the incandescent light bulb.

I am so disappointed that the President signed this piece of legislation. I do not use compact fluorescent light bulbs because they contain mercury, a highly toxic pollutant. When these bulbs break, and they do so easily, expect to pay thousands of dollars for cleanup as this person did. I have broken two of these energy-saving CFLs in my lifetime (before I knew about the risks) and once I learned, I threw them all away. Yes, you cannot recycle these lightbulbs. I asked around and did some research and there is NO way to recycle them. Now, because congress and the President feel we should be saving energy, we will flood the market with unrecyclable, mercury containing light bulbs, which break far too easily. I am just disgusted.

No comments:

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites