Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ninja babyproofing

I'm something of a baby-proofing fanatic. I have gone to great lengths to stop small people from rearranging my books, climbing the stairs, opening cabinets, eating cat/dog food, opening the refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and so on. Now, it has come to my attention that I have a climber in the house. I have resorted to storing our kitchen chairs on top of the kitchen table for now. For Isaac, those chairs are simply a means to bigger and better places. He loves the window sill, the bar counter in the kitchen, the table itself, our sideboard, and many other high places. Caroline is also quite the climber, but not as determined as Isaac. Anyway, I've been thinking ahead of new and clever solutions to taming my climbing beasts. Do I banish all stools from the house? Do I give up on having adult decorations completely (almost there)? We are on the verge having our LCD television hung on the wall (out of reach) along with purchasing a wall-mountable dvd player. I'm tired of watching the peanut butter version of "It's a Wonderful Life."

No comments:

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites