Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ear infection

Isaac has had a low grade fever since Sunday or Monday (started feeling bad Sunday, noticed the fever on Monday). I called his pediatrician and talked to the nurse. We agreed that I would bring him in if it did not get better by Friday. Friday came and went and he still had the fever. I kept thinking, oh he's just about to get over it... He has had moments of being himself and I was convinced he was on the mend. Friday night, he was up every hour and the fever was still there. Saturday morning, I called the pediatrician's office and they told me to bring him in (they have office hours for sick visits on Saturday. Nice.). Within about 5 minutes of seeing the doctor, she diagnosed a bad ear infection. What? Isaac has not been pulling at his ears or anything. It's the first ear infection we've ever had between the 2 kids. She prescribed an antibiotic, because he had had the fever for so long. He seems to be a little better now and I hope that within another day he is back to his old self.

No comments:

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites