Friday, May 15, 2009

Anna sorts shapes and colors

Anna has a slew of new tricks these days. She is such a character to be around. She is dramatic and loud and fast. She can climb furniture and is working on the windows (we have window guards). She likes to wear my shoes around the apartment. She refuses to wear her own shoes anywhere. She takes them off when she's in the stroller and throws them. I've stopped bothering with shoes when she is in the stroller. She has a rather deep raspy voice and can project her feelings very effectively. People have frequently commented on her vocal abilities. She is absolutely a joy to be around though.

One of her impressive new tricks is her uncanny ability to sort things by color and shape. She will bring me some wooden shapes and they will all be the same shape, size and color. She likes to put things in boxes and bags, just like her big sister. She loves my cell phone and my purse. On a few occasions, I have just given in and handed her my purse. She will entertain herself with its contents for an hour.

Anna also loves to color. I can put her in her high chair with some paper and crayons and she will color on the paper for 15 or 20 minutes.

Anna Sophia loves to be sweet and cuddle with me. She will even fall asleep in my lap on occasion. I think this is a really special age for children. I love being able to see their personalities unfold and be a witness to their development as a person. It is also amazing to see them experience things for the first time.

Well, it is getting late now and those dishes don't do themselves, so until next time...adios!

No comments:

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

My Favorite Websites