Saturday, April 26, 2008

A new low for the New York Times

This whole column really irks me. First, the NYT finds that pointing out Obama's extreme liberal leanings is racist. This is ridiculous. He has the most liberal record in the senate. Really, the guy is a liberal. It has nothing to do with his race. The ad did not even mention his race. Second, the statement that the ad was intended to arouse "bigotry in a Southern state" as if Southerners are naturally a bigoted people and the editorial staff at the New York Times is not.

The assertion that Mr. Obama is “just too extreme for North Carolina” is a clear bid to stir bigotry in a Southern state. The ad’s claim that its target is actually two Democratic gubernatorial candidates who endorsed Mr. Obama is ludicrous.


Is calling someone "extreme" race baiting? I just don't see it.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

No you're right. Obama's voting record is extremely LIBERAL!!! Stating the facts is not racism but realism. If Obama doesn't like the label, he needs to change his actions.

And that line about McCain needing to get his party under control! Give me a break! The last time I checked we could still have independent thought in this country.

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites