Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Still very pregnant...

I have 9 days until my due date. No news to report. I have had no more "false labor" and absolutely no real labor. Oh well. It will happen when it happens and there is very little I can do about it.

Someone told me that it looked like I was having twins. Rule of pregnancy etiquette #1: Do not tell a pregnant woman that it looks like she is having twins. Even if she is. This same person also told me that it looked like I was about to "pop." Rule of pregnancy etiquette #2: Pregnant women don't pop, they go through hours of painful contractions before pushing a giant baby out.

I was at Wal-mart yesterday picking up groceries and other necessities. When I got to the checkout line, the cashier obviously thought that I didn't belong there. She started scanning my items and stopped when she thought I had bought enough. I told her there were more items and she sort of grunted "okay." She scanned each of the remaining items individually and the totalled the order after scanning each item. I kept telling her "no--there's more" and I had to really coax her to scan ALL the items. Did I look like I had no money? Was there something green hanging out of my nose? I have no idea. I bought more than normal, but I haven't been to Wal-Mart in weeks and I don't expect to go anytime again soon. The whole order totalled to $160, which is about $60 more than my normal budget. Well, after she finally totalled the whole order, I paid with my debit card and left.

On a positive note, I had a wonderful baby shower this weekend. I will post more about it later, but I need to go see Caroline now.

No comments:

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

My Favorite Websites