Thursday, September 22, 2005

the little climber

A couple of days ago, Caroline was sitting in her seat (the one that attaches to our table) and I went to the kitchen to get breakfast for her. The breakfast making process takes appoximately 1 minute, and in that time, I select a jar of breakfast food (Organic Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal- Stage 3) and microwave it for 15 seconds. In that time I heard a curious banging coming from the direction of our dining room table. I went in, knowing that I had not given Caroline any "banging" toys and thus could not possibly be making that sound, unles she had somehow gotten out of her seat. She had. I was quite impressed. I always strap her in and she somehow squeezed out of the straps and onto the table, whereupon she took to hitting our Glade Candle-in-a-glass-jar against the table. Since then, we have reverted to using her highchair, which is an okay solution to Caroline not falling onto the floor, but the chair takes ages to clean. I feel that I spend eons cleaning all of the little parts. In any given day, I have to scrub 2 trays, a seatcover (which I usually stick in the washing machine), straps (and there are 5 of them), 2 toys, the footrest, and the seat frame. It usually, however, just stays dirty.

Well, I'm off to see The Apprentice (season premiere), so I'll write later.

No comments:

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites