Friday, September 16, 2005

Dr Appt

Yesterday, Caroline went to her 9 month old well-baby checkup. There were no shots this time, just weight/length measurements. Caroline is in 50th percentile for height and weight and in the 75th percentile for head circumference. I think she gets that from her dad. I asked about Caroline's belly button, because it has been an outie since she was born. Recently, the cute little thing decided to poke out even more. I was a little concerned about it. The doctor said that it is indeed a umbilical hernia, but he anticipates that it will correct itself within the next several years. If it doesn't, laproscopic surgery is required to close the muscle. Apparently, these types of hernias are common in babies (5-10% have them); most self-correct. If they don't self-correct, surgery is required because risks of abdomenal hernia later in life are increased with an (uncorrected) umbilical hernia.

No comments:

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites