Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sleep adventures

I moved Anna's crib to her brother and sister's room last night. She has slept in our room from day 1 and I thought I would try moving her finally. The 3 kids do not sleep very well at all and I figured that they could wake each other up for a change and *I* could get some sleep. Just joking. A little.

Getting all 3 kids to sleep was challenging, though not impossible, as they were all finally asleep at 9pm. At around 11pm, Isaac and Anna woke up screaming and Todd and I quieted them both back to sleep. Caroline woke up screaming about an hour later. Then she went back to sleep. At around 4am, I heard Anna crying and I tried to get myself out of bed, but I was weighed down by *something*. I looked down and it was Isaac nestled in arm. He had the forethought to secure a stool from the kitchen in order to climb onto our bed. I was so exhausted I did not even notice his presence. I had Todd move him to the middle of our bed, because my arm was completely "asleep" and tingling horribly. It's much better now. Anyway, the kids are going to "school" for a day and I am thrilled. I'm going to wrap presents and run a few errands.

1 comment:

Josee said...

So sorry you had a rough night! I'm dreading the sleep logistics of having two kids, but at least Dan sleeps pretty well (unless he feels like playing with trains at 2 in the morning!).

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

My Favorite Websites