Thursday, March 29, 2007

Caroline's evaluation with the speech therapist was everything I expected it to be. She is slightly delayed, but nothing major. The ST noted that she's really good at mimicking, but does not initiate questions or conversation. In the past month or two, she has started using 2 word phrases/sentences, but that is very recent. I've been reading up a bit, and I think that 18 months is when children normally speak in small sentences. At Isaac's checkup, the pediatrician said that he should be babbling at this point. He isn't babbling at all. Maybe our kids will just speak late??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd's cousin's daughter (my granddaughter, now 4) concerned us because she showed no interest in talking-her granddaddy is quiet so we thought maybe she would take after him. When she did start talking more-she was very articulate, very mature (to the point that Rina and Greg forget she's not their age!) Now we sometimes wish she had come with a mute button. Braxton (another cousin of Todd's) spoke little and then took off like a shot. You just wait. You will look back and think..."and I was concerned about this?!" They will be great talkers-it runs in the family:-) Aunt Beth

Anonymous said...

That just means they're thinking more and don't have time for that talking business... right?

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

My Favorite Websites