Friday, July 01, 2005

odd baby names

I don't understand the baby-naming trend in which last names become desirable first names. What happens when baby Madison grows up and meets a handsome young man named John Madison. Does she get married and change her name to Madison Madison? I guess Maddie Madison sounds better. I knew someone named Will Williams in high school. I always thought the name was unusual due to the last name, but no one really questioned it at my school. Anything goes these days. Our daughter's name (Caroline) is ranked 74 on the Social Security's top 100 list for 2004. It seems to be rising quickly in popularity though.

1 comment:

Jax and company said...

Hey,
I couldn't get your SSA link to work, so I went over to investigate it myself. What a cool site, gives you I think 6 different ways to search for the popularity ranking of any name, any year... and on and on. Anyway here's the link:

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

My Favorite Websites