Thursday, May 19, 2005

things are going well

Caroline is still intubated (receiving oxygen through a ventilator) and will remain so today. The doctors have tried turning down the ventilator to see if she is ready to have the tube removed, but so far her responses (hyperventilation, retaining carbon dioxide...) have indicated that she is not ready. Maybe by Monday. We will see. She is definitely gaining strength back and moving around a little more. Last night, I had the doctor give her some Verset (sp?) because she seemed agitated and uncomfortable. She wanted to cry but couldn't, which was really difficult to watch. Overall she is moving in the right direction, and though we expect her progress to be slow, we expect a full recovery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you all!

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites