Thursday, January 15, 2009

I know this blog has been kind of pathetic lately, but I am trying to do better!

Anna Sophia is walking all over the place and impressing everybody. She looks so tiny to be walking around! She about the size of a 6 month old, even though she is gaining weight well now. She also can clap her hands and wave to people.

Caroline is continuing to progress on her reading. I was attempting to teach her how to write her letters and it hasn't gone very well. She can make small circles and draw lines on lined paper, but she is very confused at where to start her letters. She likes to start them at the bottom of the line and then she gets confused and the letter ends up going over 4 lines. Did that make any sense at all? I will try and post a pic of her latest writing.

Isaac loves drawing pictures. He exclaimed "I drawed a picture Daddy!" the other day and it was such a pile of cuteness, I wish I had a video of it. He sleeps with his magna doodle too. Just in case he needs to draw a picture, I guess.

Hmmmm....that is all for now. We are still considering the option of school for Caroline, but I feel that she will be too young to start kindergarten in August. (She will not turn 5 until December). Anyway, I'm really excited about homeschooling, which has led to an equal amount of disgust and awe from people in our building.

3 comments:

Jax and company said...

Try giving Caroline different size papers to draw on, from sticky notes and index cards, all the way up to newspaper size - this can lead to better motor control. Or if she can circle objects, have her find and circle familiar letters in the newspaper. Also, try sorting cutouts of the letters according to what shapes make they are comprised of, ie. round/curved, straight, or both. Explore how the shapes are put together to make letters, instead of writing them, which she may not be able to do for a while. Print out her name in big block letters, tape it to the table and cover it in contact paper. A dry erase marker offers big bold strokes that are easily erased if she wants to try again and again.

Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed that people think they somehow have the right to show disgust at a parent's decision about how to educate their children ... especially when most parents don't even "decide," they just take the easiest option of public indoctrination. Hold your head up and don't let the busybodies bully you.

Jax and company said...

well said, Jo!

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites