Friday, March 24, 2006

Connected to the real world again

We've sucessfully completed the move. There were a few small glitches along the way, but for the most part, the worst is behind us. We are about half unpacked at this point, so we are still quite surrounded by boxes and such. The trip down with my mom went about as well as I expected. Caroline hated the car seat and would scream in it if I weren't in the back seat with her. It took my mom and I 2 days to make the drive and we were certainly happy it did not take any longer. Before leaving for the south, I made the proper calls to get all our utilities and such put in our name. I even called to have the internet set up as soon as we arrived. Unfortunately, the earliest date for an appt (to set up the modem-why can't we do that??) was on Tuesday. I thought it would be okay since we have cell phones. Well, what I didn't know is that T-mobile does not have service here--at all! Nothing. Not one bar at all. So we were without a phone until Wednesday. If you want to call us, use our land line (hint: its a 718 number). If you want the number, email me and I will give it to you.

No comments:

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

My Favorite Websites