Monday, November 28, 2005

Say bye bye to the high chair

I have had a love/hate relationship with the Ocean Wonders highchair. Well, hate won out and I sold the high chair on Craigslist. While Caroline didn't seem to mind the chair, I could never clean it properly. I resorted to putting the whole contraption in the shower a few times to clean all the food off it. The chair has all these nooks and crannies that seem to attract food. Anyway, between washing the seat cover, the straps (all five), the two trays, the three toys and the foot rest (which was quite useless, because it didn't reach her feet) everyday, and well, having a life, I chose the latter. Caroline has been using her booster seat temporarily, which she seems to like. I am presently considering the Stokke chair called the Tripp Trapp. The American version is called the Kinderzeat. They are basically the same chair except the Tripp Trapp can be modified to accomodate a 6 month old (with a special bar that you can add), whilst the Kinderzeat is Not Approved For Use With Children Under Eighteen Months. Too many lawyers here, I suppose. It will take some ingenuity to import one from the UK, but I am working on it.

In other news, I have been unloading our books through Amazon's Marketplace. It's very easy and I've made some quick money doing it. Who knew that someone in Minnesota would want a copy of Mars Attacks? At any rate, it feels good to get rid of unnecessary things, like books and highchairs. I just need to work on not replacing them with more books and high chairs.

No comments:

My Lucky Charms

My Lucky Charms

Blog Archive

My Favorite Websites